Persons who wish to study in Australia and who are not Australian permanent residents, citizens or who do not hold a visa permitting study in Australia will require a Student visa for this purpose. The most important things to consider while applying for Students visas are the applicant must be a genuine student, the applicant must have the required financial capacity, must have required English proficiency and also meet other requirements such as the applicant’s age and level of education.
There are 8 different types of student visa classes, and must choose appropriate one while apply for the student visa.
- Subclass 570 ELICOS sector
- Subclass 571 Schools sector
- Subclass 572 Vocational Education and Training Sector
- Subclass 573 Higher Education Sector
- Subclass 574 Postgraduate Research Sector
- Subclass 575 Non Award Sector
- Subclass 576 AusAID or Defence Sector
- Subclass 580 Student Guardian